It seems that every business has taken advantage of virtual technology. Whether it be travel, sports, or education, new-age tech has taken over the world. Some connect people while others are downright helpful and genius. For numerous reasons, telemedicine and telehealth are included in essential and brilliance.
Telehealth has a broader scope in remote healthcare and non-clinical services, which includes the delivery of health information for health professionals and consumers, alongside the education and training of health workers through the internet and other telecommunications. Meanwhile, telemedicine’s principal purpose is to provide clinical services to patients without the need to attend in-person, commonly used for follow-ups, medication management, and specialist consultation. Telehealth and telemedicine may differ from each other, but both intend to provide patient care and improve healthcare delivery systems despite distance.
To help you choose the best telehealth or telemedicine app for your needs, we’ve narrowed down hundreds of apps to the most popular ones:
- Teladoc was founded in 2002 in Dallas, Texas by G.Byron Brooks and Michael Gorton. They are known as the oldest telemedicine company in the US and recognized as the world leader in whole-person virtual care. The company addresses the full spectrum of health and well-being powered by human expertise, advanced technology, and insight to deliver improved clinical outcomes at scale. Teladoc prides itself on serving more than 175 countries, with roughly 3100 licensed physicians and nurses, with services offered in about 30 languages.
- Teladoc specializes in categorized services:
- Platform and program services
- Guidance and support
- Expert medical services
- Mental health services
- Integrated virtual care
- The company primarily uses phone and video conferences to provide on-demand remote medical care. Their software enables patients to log on to the service and get connected with a board-certified, state-licensed physician. It also creates and updates medical history, alongside letting users update personal details, log-in, contact, and billing information.
- Founded in 2009, MDLIVE is a low-cost, convenient alternative to Urgent Care or ER visits and eliminates having to wait days to schedule a doctor appointment for non-emergency medical conditions.
- MDLIVE is one of the leading telehealth providers of online and on-demand healthcare delivery services. Their software benefits patients, hospitals, employers, payers, physician practice groups, and accountable care organizations. This cloud-based virtual medical office platform makes it possible for patients, medical professionals, and plan administrators to collaborate seamlessly and securely online. Their network is the nation’s largest and is composed of board-certified physicians in various fields, such as Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, and more. They also have trained licensed mental health professionals providing counseling and behavioral health services. On top of that, their providers undergo specialized telehealth training in communication, diagnosis, and treatment over the phone and online video. You can’t get a more overqualified doctor than this.
- If the first two apps comprise physical diagnosis, MindDoc specializes in mental health. MindDoc was developed by clinical psychologists, in close collaboration with leading researchers, for those who want to learn about emotional well-being or who suffer from mild-to-moderate illness. It has become the leading app for monitoring and management of mental health disorders, like depression and anxiety.
- The app allows you to log your mental health and mood in real-time. At the end of the program, you will get insights and summaries on your symptoms, behavior, and general well-being to help recognize patterns and find the best resources for your needs. It gives users orientation on the need to consult a mental health care provider.
- MindDoc can also be used for prevention or self-help, or as a part of treatment with a mental health practitioner. The app comes with courses and exercises developed by clinical psychologists which are aligned with international treatment guidelines for mental disorders.
- This list is not only for people, it also includes your furry and non-furry friends. Rejoice, pet owners!
- FirstVet is a digital veterinary clinic offering video meetings with experienced vets directly on your smartphones, tablets, or computers. Licensed, experienced vets are available 24/7 to help and give advice on non-emergency situations no matter where you are.
- FirstVet is a part of Eusoh’s already comprehensive pet plan. Members of the Eusoh community will have absolute access to FirstVet Telehealth services.
- No more worries and paranoia when your pets show signs of sickness, FirstVet is only an online appointment away. The app provides consultation, medicinal prescriptions, and a referral when needed.
- The app also includes a vast knowledge database where you can read facts and pieces of advice about your pets. If you have a specific question, have it submitted and get it answered by vets, free of charge.
- FirstVet boasts having a 98.5% satisfaction rate from more than 300,000 users to this date, your pet is guaranteed to be in safe hands!
- The state of mental fitness is now being taken seriously by the masses, thus Reflectly was developed to act as a best friend- journal form. It is the world’s first intelligent journal app and mood tracker that gives personalized motivation and helps in dealing with negative thoughts and increases positivity.
- Using artificial intelligence (AI) and smart tech, Reflectly’s mood tracker shows your mood correlations and graphs. The AI asks personalized questions based on the entries to help you reflect deeper. The app uses positive psychology, mindfulness, and cognitive-behavioral therapy, acting as your personal life coach. You receive your daily, weekly, and monthly overviews, with insights and reminders to help you build a positive cycle.
The adage “Health is wealth” is proven true around the world. Living with sickness is not living at all. With our advanced technology, it’s best to take advantage of what it can give us. Apps and software that benefit your well-being are a single click away.